CVAP's core values of integrity, collaboration, and ethics support our team members and treatment success. We empower our team members by offering opportunities for individualized professional growth and stated career goals. Clear and positive supervisor and subordinate relationships foster a team environment conducive to successful clinical outcome.
CVAP is a renowned and well respected industry leader in ABA treatment. CVAP has served for nearly three decades as a pioneering organization implementing ABA services in northern California. Using the Lovaas methodology as the foundation of its ABA services, CVAP has further developed and advanced ABA treatment, embracing advanced social skills and generalization of all skills into the natural environment. CVAP provides social skills and human interaction development and systematically programs treatment plans for all ages in the Greater Sacramento, San Joaquin and Stanislaus county areas. For families, CVAP adheres to the importance of family training and inclusion into intervention.
This position serves as the Facilities/Safety Coordinator for Central Valley Autism Project (CVAP) and has primary responsibility for effectively managing the organizations purchasing, safety programs, facility maintenance, facility inspections, and compliance with all regulatory bodies and standards (OSHA, EPA, etc.). The Facilities/Safety Coordinator supervises the Facilities/Safety Assistant and various vendors, for all ordering, building and grounds maintenance. This position maintains effective employee and administrative staff relations. In addition, this positon completes special projects related to facilities and safety development of assigned areas of responsibility.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintains door codes and keys. In addition, will monitor key log for all issued keys and issue keys to new staff or replace lost keys.
- Conducts monthly facility check that encompasses areas such as cleanliness, safety, and maintenance as outlined in the checklist.
- Will be the first responder when the burglar and/or fire alarm is triggered.
- Oversees and maintains facility requirements such as pest control, heating and air, housekeeping, etc.
- Liaison between CVAP and facility vendors
- Involved heavily with new facility development and report status updates and progress notes to the Senior Operations Manager.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory bodies and standards (including OSHA, EPA, etc.)
- Conducts monthly facility safety checks for each facility, such as ensuring all fire and safety codes requirements are met.
- Monitors fire extinguishers during monthly facility rounding to ensure inspections are up to date.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, and annual reporting of the IIPP process.
- In cooperation with the Senior Operations Manager, integrates CVAP safety/health risk management policies, procedures and programs across the organization.
- Develops purchasing strategy and manage budget.
- Conducts research and negotiates to ascertain the best products and supplier in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
- Completes non-IT related purchases, including supplies, equipment, goods and services (e.g. water dispensers, batteries, tools, janitorial and office supplies).
- Evaluates bids and make recommendations.
- Monitors vendor services, checking the quality of service provided.
- Be aware of changes affecting both the supply of, and demand for, needed products and materials.
- Authorizes payment for purchases by forwarding documentation or request approval of a purchase above authorized amount to the Senior Operations Manager.
- Maintains vendor contracts and reviews annually.
Human Resources Management:
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Accomplishes staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; conducting training; implementing enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing and enforcing organization standards; adhering to legal regulations.
- Completes operations by developing schedules; assigning and monitoring work; gathering resources; implementing productivity standards; resolving operations problems; maintaining reference manuals; implementing new procedures.
- Controls expenses by gathering and submitting budget information; scheduling expenditures; monitoring variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Provides quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- Assists Senior Operations Manager and Administration with special projects
Qualifications and Skills
- H.S or GED High School Diploma or GED equivalent (Required)
- 3-5 years of current experience demonstrating technical knowledge of goods and services for purchases and ongoing maintenance. (Required)
- 3-5 years of current direct experience performing in a facility/safety coordinator position in a health care environment. (Preferred)
Skills and Knowledge
- Must have a thorough understanding of federal, state, and local ordinance, mandated facility and safety programs, such as the Injury & Illness Prevention Program (IIPP). (Required)
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA standards with regard to construction (Required)
- Must have a thorough understanding of vendor contract negotiations. (Required)
- Proficiency in Excel and Word. (Required)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills. (Required)
- Effective interpersonal communication skills. (Required)
- Demonstration of high commitment to excellent customer services. (Required)
- Demonstrated flexibility in a varying work environment due to reprioritization. (Required)
- Commitment to functioning as a team player. (Required)
- Ability to train, influence and motivate team members. (Required)
- Must have the highest ethical standards who employs tact and discretion, and is motivated, self-directed, confident, self-starter and ability to work under tight timeframes. ( Required)
- Ability to design, develop and monitor safety programs, and develop innovative/creative methods to communicate process/program initiatives and changes to all levels of staff. (Required)
- Ability to track budget expenses and supervise staff (Preferred)
- Medical and Dental (Employer Contribution)
- Vision (Employer funded)
- 401k Participation (Employer contribution)
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick days
- Paid holidays
- Supplemental insurance available
- Flex Saving Account (FSA) available